Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Things to remember during matches

This being my first post, I feel it's only natural to write about my first thoughts concerning becoming a better player.  This blog was created so that I can keep my thoughts (concerning Street Fighter 4) jotted down somewhere so that I could look back and reflect, and hopefully learn from all of these ideas and theories.  

Shortly after SF4 came out here in Seattle, I seemed to be having a lot of troubles concerning playing more solid and consistent.  I felt as if I was losing to people who I most definitely shouldn't have been losing to.  At the same time, I would also realize that against certain friends, I would dumb myself down for them.  All in all, there was something that needed to change.  I needed a reminder, something to make me focus, something to push me to play more consistently.  

So on September 28th, I came up with a small passage of writing titled:  "Things to Remember."  Anyways, I just thought I'd post this here, because it reminds me of my evolution as a player.  

 - Play Solid
* footsies
* anti air
* patience 
 - Stay focused, don't get frustrated
 - Play the matchup CORRECTLY
 - Read your opponent EVERY match (this one is starred)
 - Realize why you lost.  Gain something from your loss
 - Play less scrubby in every match, no matter who the opponent.  

1 comment:

??? said...

Words to play by.